Sunday, March 15, 2015

Tick Tock Tick, Tock.....

Well, I am two weeks closer to my surgery.  Only 5 weeks left to wait.  The surgeon tells me that as soon as I wake up I will be able to open my mouth to a semi normal width....  I can almost remember what that is like.  Right now I can open my mouth just barely larger than my little finger.  The surgeon tells me that we will need stay in Miami for about a month after the surgery to make sure that there aren't complications.  I can think of worse places to have to stay.  Miami should be lovely.  JoLynne has a knack for finding nice places to stay.  She searches all these varied websites where people are renting their houses.  The house she found in Miami is truly beautiful.  Very nice,  looking out over a lake.  It will be nice to have a nice place to recover in.

We have loved having our sweet son Peter home from his mission.  He has a glow about him.  He still stomps me at ping pong but he is so nice about it.  Every time he destroys me in a ping pong game he comes around the table, hugs me and tells me he loves me.

In general my health is greatly improved.  It's so nice to have some energy back again.  I still deal with pain but at least I have some energy.  This weekend I planted my garden, scrubbed my fish pond and moved all the rabbit droppings into my garden.  I kind of wonder why things grown in animal pooh taste so good.  Maybe it's best not to think about that.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to each new post with baited breath! Thank you for sharing. You are in our prayers continually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Weldon, You are a true friend Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Eric, All the best with the reconstruction. I hope everything functions well and the recovery is quick. I admire your courageous example. Good luck getting a few wins in ping pong before heading to Miami.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, One month from today, exactly. I need to challenge my son again in ping pong. I need to find a time when he is really tired or has dust in his eyes or something.

      Delete