Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ninja turtles

Well, it has been four days since the T-cell infusion.  I haven't mutated into a Ninja Turtle yet, that is a little disappointing but oh well.  Actually I feel really good.  My face is a little more swollen and tender.  Normally that would be a worry but they told us that if the T-cells did what they were designed to do that the tumors would swell when they were attacked so maybe swollen is a good thing!

I have had such a hard time gaining or holding onto my weight, especially recently.  Not being able to eat and swallow well by mouth doesn't help matters.  Anyway, I am working on that.  JoLynne wants to lose some weight.  I have a tube that I use to put food directly into my stomach.  I tried just connecting the tube between us
for a direct transfer.  I'm not sure if it worked.  She looks thinner to me.  I will try it again today.

Actually I started tracking my calories.  My son told me about a program called "Lose it".  It is a phone app but it's pretty amazing.  Mostly you just scan the bar codes of the food you are eating and it puts it right in.  So I set my current weight, 152 pounds and my target weight, 180 pounds.  Well, the program didn't know what to do with that.  I guess that is what you get for trying to gain weight with a program called "Lose it".

5 comments:

  1. We re praying for you and Jolynne! We recommend you eat twinkles! Or try ice cream, no chewing necessary!
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now JoLynne went to Costco and bought really high calorie ice cream which she is melting and pouring in my stomach tube. I am tracking my calories. It is pretty amazing how hard it is to get my target of 3300 calories. Who would think it would b so hard to gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are anxiously watching your blog! We pray for you daily and have done for the past 3 years or so. I know God answers prayers in behalf of humble and righteous people like you!! I will encourage the members of the HP group to pray for you also!! We love you two!! May God bless you!! Chuck McCartney & family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric I like the Tubal transfer idea,,,( - : I am actually 178 so I will challenge you to try for the 180,,, But not too fast ,,, well maybe after the cruise ,,, maybe after your taste comes back. Ray Ray wants me to get down to 165 ish. IDK... Any way Love the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny - I sure love you dear Uncle!!

    ReplyDelete